Monday, May 16, 2011

God cares...

Psalm 31:7 I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul.

"I don't care!" How many times have we all uttered those words, knowing that deep down, we really do care - maybe not about the circumstances, but definitely about the persons involved.

How often do we see a homeless man or woman on the street? We tend to be judgmental or distrusting because we see so many scam artists, but they may really be in a hard place in life. I wonder just how many times they wonder, "Does anyone care?" and maybe "Does God even care?" Sometimes, we go through events or crises in life, and we may think, "Does God care about what I'm going through right now?"

The Psalmist was in such a "hard place" in his life. If you read the entire 31st Psalm, you will hear some heart-wrenching emotions as the Psalmist pleads with God for protection, for peace and for safety. Yet, in the midst of all of the turmoil and even fearing for his life, the Psalmist reminds himself and God that God is faithful and that God cares about our circumstances. "I will be glad and rejoice in your unfailing love, for you have seen my troubles, and you care about the anguish of my soul." The Psalmist can truly be glad even in the middle of those "hard places" in life because God is faithful and God cares about the anguish and distress of our souls.

God cares about your circumstances and wants to walk with you through them. What difficult circumstances to you face today? Will you pour out your heart to God? Will you trust in our faithful God to walk with you through each step of your journey?

No comments: